How time flies! Spectrum Run was released a year ago. It’s time for a new blog post on my current developments. What happened in the meantime? Updates, other apps, iOS 7 (oh boy…), lots of prototyping / “hidden” development, Tobi’s Weekly [Update: Removed], and of course I still have to study.
By the way – there was no Tobi’s Weekly last week, because of lack of good videos, but I guess it’s also the right time to end this. I’ve been doing this 17 weeks straight and I don’t even know if anyone cares. I’ll simply “like” the videos from now on.
So back to development…
- Spectrum Run 1.1 with Kamcord support.
- tooPassword 1.1 with iOS 7 redesign.
- Thinking about more open source projects. THLabel is doing great! Switched to using Core Text, because iOS 7 forced me to, and it’s still backward compatible.
- Working on a new game (working title: Tap!). Collection of mini-games with focus on local multiplayer (up to 4 iOS devices). It’s going to be free, so look out for this next year!
- Working on other “secret” projects.
It’s still a long road to earn enough money for a living from app/game development, but I’m confident it will change in the near future. I just have to make more high-quality apps and work harder on marketing.
I haven’t been working on any major updates on Spectrum Run, because it was just not “worth it”. Sounds cruel (at least for me it does, because I have put so much time and effort into the game), but I have to face reality. I’ll just make some small adjustments here and there.